Reviews => Referrals => Sales
Word-of-Mouth in the digital world comes in the form of Online Reviews. These are personal recommendations from consumers that provide credibility to your business. It can be challenging to get Online Reviews. However, the rewards are well worth the effort.
- 84% of consumers say they either completely or somewhat trust recommendations from family and friends about products – making these recommendations the information source ranked highest for trustworthiness. [Nielson]
- 74% of consumers identify WOM as a key influencer in their purchasing decision. [Ogilvy/Google/TNS]
- 68% trust online opinions from other consumers, which is up 7% from 2007 and places online opinions as the third most trusted source of product information. [Nielson]
- 88% of people trust online reviews written by other consumers as much as they trust recommendations from personal contacts. [BrightLocal]
- 84% of consumers reported always or sometimes taking action based on personal recommendations. 70% said they did the same of online consumer opinions. [Nielson]
The same Word-of-Mouth benefits apply to B2B:
- 91% of B2B buyers are influenced by WOM when making their decision to buy. [USM]
- 61% of IT buyers report that colleague recommendations are the most important factor when making a buying decision. [B to B Magazine]
- 56% of B2B purchasers look to offline WOM as a source of information and advice, and this number jumps to 88% when online WOM sources are included. [BaseOne]
We help you put in place the processes and technology to get you Online Reviews from your customers, and keep getting them into the future. Contact us today to learn more.